Best Selling Spinning Reels Under $200
Spinning reels are an essential accessory for any angler. The quality for fishing reel can affect your fishing experience. In simple terms, it can make or break things during a fishing session. But what about the best spinning reel under 200? If you are a budget buyer, then it can be a reasonable budget to buy a new spinning reel. But, you need to be cautious.
You need to buy something durable, ideal for your fishing style, and features like good line management and proper dragging power. It should also be light and compact and must be easy to handle. You will find thousands of models of spinning reel within $200. But, buying something by just the price tag is not a good idea. You need to check everything about the reel carefully. Since there are many options, and you may be a little confused. In case you are confused, you can read this article to know about the best spinning reel under 200.
5 Best Spinning Reels Under $200 Review
1. PENN Spinfisher V Spinning , 8500LL
- Watertight spinning reel performs reliably in saltwater and sand environments
- Durable construction with full metal body, sideplate, and rotor and heavy-duty...
The first product in the list of the best spinning reel under 200 is the PENN Spinfisher Spinnig Fishing Reel 8500LL. It is an excellent choice for this budget. PENN is a well-known brand in the fishing circuit, and they continue to offer fantastic products. The Spinning wheel provides professional features and can help to change your angling experience.
The model comes with 200 yards long fishing line. And controlling the reel is very easy for anyone. It also comes with the HT-100 Slammer drag system for a better dragging experience. It is very durable, and you will see very minimal signs of wear even after casting the reel for thousands of times. The stainless steel anti-reverse earns are also very long-lasting. The reel comes with a warranty, and you get assistance from the manufacturers if you need anything.
- It is a spinning reel for extreme environments. It offers consistent performance in saltwater and sand environments. Hence, you do not need to worry about the water currents or anything. The reel will be there to guide you.
- PENN Spinfisher V offers a very long line- 25 yards. It is enough is that you can cast your rel to a long extends and drag your bait with efficiency. The most significant benefit is that the user can maintain and control each line’s portion with equal ability.
- It is a very robust spinning wheel at a reasonable budget. The full metal body, metal side plates, rotors, and the string aluminum ball wire makes it a very formidable model. You can use the reel for a long time without any problem.
- The unique HT-100 Slammer drag system allows you more dragging power. You get a smooth dragging experience. Additionally, it comes with Trip Ramp technology that prevents bail trip during casting.
- PENN Spinfisher V comes with five guarded stainless steel ball bearings. They also offer anti-reverse bearing and prevent the line from reverse dragging.
- You get superline spool. It does not need any type of backing, and you get a braid ready reel.
- The model also comes with line capacity reels that allow you to check the available line length during fishing.
- It is an excellent reel within a reasonable budget
- The reel is very durable and lasts for a long time
- It is an excellent option for those who go fishing in saltwater
- The reel may seem a little heavier for some.
- The line lay can be a little uneven.
Overall, the PENN Spinfisher V 8500 LL is an excellent choice for those who go fishing in saltwater. It is a very durable model that offers a fantastic fishing experience. You can buy it if you want something very durable.
2. Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 4000 XG FB Spinning Fishing Reel
- Gear Ratio: 6.0:1, Weight: 5.60 ounce
- Mono line capacity lbs/yd: 2/270, 4/140, 6/110
The best spinning reel under 200 for freshwater? The answer is Shimano Straduic Ci4. It is an excellent choice for those who prefer to catch fishes in freshwater. It is often a coveted model among anglers who are on a budget. The price tag is not enough to describe it- it is simply amazing. It is a great fishing reel if you fish in streams and lakes.
The strong and durable HAGANE body of this spinning reel offers you full power. Hence, you can channel your energy on the reel and cast it with total efficiency. It is a great reel that provides better control over the fishing line and allows you to maintain and drag your bait without much effort. Additionally, it is durable and lasts for a long time.
- The X-ship technology enhances the casting experience and also provides a better life to the cast. It prevents the friction between the gear and spool shafting. That means you can cast your reel to a greater length.
- It comes with the Shimano exclusive Hagane body and Hagane gear. The frame is durable, and the equipment is also excellent. It is a robust and spinning reel that lasts for a long time. Hence, you can fish inshore or offshore with it.
- Shimano Stradic Ci4+ comes to the Dyna-balance rotor. It makes maintenance he reel line more comfortable, and you can easily counter any line management issue with it.
- The cold-forged aluminum spool with Hagane body technology makes it a durable spinning reel
- With the Fluidrive ll system, you can cast your reel correctly every time you use it.
- The X-pattern Aero Wrap tech prevents knots and increases the casting length.
- It is excellent for both inshore ad offshore freshwater fishing.
- You need to apply lubricating oil into the reel, or it can make noise.
- It is not for saltwater fishing.
If you are searching for a fishing reel that is ideal for freshwater fishing, then you need to buy this model from Shimano. It is durable and is excellent for both offshore and inshore fishing. It can also prevent any problem that appears from the freshwater current.
3. Daiwa Saltist 6500
- The Daiwa SALTIST2500 Saltist Spinning Reel was made for serious saltwater fishing
- This reel was designed to provide reliability and performance
The list remains incomplete without mentioning a spinning reel from Daiwa. Hence, the third entry in this list is the Daiwa SSaltist 6500. Daiwa is known for providing excellent quality spinning reels within a very affordable price range. Their SSSaltist 6500 is an exclusive offering for the saltwater anglers. And you will not be disappointed with what they offer.
It is one of the strong contenders for the titles of the best spinning reel under 200 for saltwater. The most significant benefit if Daiwa 6500 is that it comes with unique features that make saltwater fishing a pleasant experience. It comes with a sealed main shaft and a line roller to prevent corrosion. Additionally, it is very lightweight. That means, if you hate more large spinning reels, then Daiwa 6500 is your ideal choice. It is also a durable model that can last for many years if you maintain its health.
- Daiwa SSaltist 6500 is a model that comes with “Hardbodyz” cover and side cover. Hence, it can maintain its structure even under high pressure. That makes it a great buy.
- The ABS spool comes with maximized core diameter and 100% good reel. You can use the line to its last point, and you do not get any deadline left side the line core. Additionally, you can drag the border without any problem of tangles and loops. It is a great reel that allows you to cast it to long distances without any friction or tangle. The spool diameter is more significant. It will enable the line to flow smoothly, and you get less line memory coil.
- Daiwa SSaltist comes with a 15% lighter air rotor. Hence, it decreases the weight of the reel as a whole. Additionally, the air rotor comes is an ergonomic design that evenly distributes the stress inside the rotor to offer you maximum power.
- It also comes with special corrosion-resistant ball bearings with special magnetic oil. The oil prevents corrosion and changes its shape in the magnetic field. Hence, the bearings last longer than and other types of steel bearings.
- The responsive “Magnetic Oil” with durable ball bearings makes it resistant to corrosion, and the reel lasts longer.
- The innovative lighter air rotor design offers more power to the user.
- The ABS spool with larger diameter allows you to cast the line without facing any chance of having deadlines indie the reel.
- It is durable
- You may need to improvise a little in case of line management.
- Some users have exclaimed that the reel is a little heavier for this design.
Overall, if you prefer to cast your fishing line to a long distance without any problem, then buying the Daiwa SSaltist 6500 seems a great idea. It comes with other line control and better casting power.
4. EatMyTackle RTA Premium Spinning Reel
- Brand new for 2020, your new favorite inshore saltwater spinning reel.
- Featuring a sealed drag system, aluminum alloy body/rotor, and stainless steel gears,...
The nest entry on the list of the best spinning reel under 200 is the EatMyTackel RTA 4000/7000 Premium Spinning Reel. You get the whiff of the product from its name. It is a premium reel. A premium saltwater spinning reel under $200 may seem a dream, but if you are willing to search for something that offers premium fishing experience within a budget- buy it.
It is like a lifetime investment- you buy something and use that for a long time. The EatMyTackle RTA 7000 already has taken the game a notch higher with its unique features. It reel contains a premium steel body, both hands retrieval facility and a warranty period of five years. It is one of the top-selling products among anglers. And you can choose between two styles- 400 and 7000 as per your preference.
- The main benefit of this spinning reel is that it comes with premium features. The high-grade aluminum body is enough to prevent any damage from saltwater. It is fully sealed, and you do not need to worry about water-related damage or corrosion.
- The reel also comes with an aluminum rotor. It provides you a smooth line maintenance system, and you are not going to face any problem in maintaining the line lay.
- The silky-smooth drag system allows you to retrieve your catch without any problem. Additionally, the dragging power of 33 libs makes it a great purchase.
- The EatMy TAkcle RTA premium spinning reel comes with an exciting and beneficial feature. It offers both left and right-hand retrieval. That means anyone can use it, and you can use any hand to retrieve your line.
- The gear ration of 5.2:1 is excellent for fishing faster and more significant to medium fishes in the saltwater.
- It is a unique model for inshore fishing.
- EatMyTackle RTA fishing reel comes with five years of manufacturers’ warranty. You have a strong back in case of any damage.
- It is a great model for inshore saltwater fishing.
- You get a double-handed retrieval feature.
- The smooth drag system allows you to manipulate the line and retrieve your fish.
- It comes with stainless steel ball bearings.
- It may not always be available.
The EatMyTackle RTA premium spinning reel is an excellent choice for any angler who wants to buy a fishing reel with premium features but is on a tight budget. It can be a great asset to you if you love to go for inshore fishing.
5. Shimano Sedona FL Freshwater Fishing Reel
- With its updated design and cold forged HAGANE gears, the Shimano Sedona spinning...
- Incorporates Shimano’s flagship HAGANE gearing that provides long-lasting, strong,...
The last entry in the list is the Shimano Sqedna Fl Fresshwatr fishing reel. If you want to buy a very affordable spinning reel for freshwater, it is your ideal choice. It is a great fishing reel under $200. You can choose any model from the range. Sedona FL is available in models like 8000, 5000, 4000, 3000, 2500, 1000, and 500. But if you want to buy the best model then choose 5000. It is great.
The most significant advantage of buying Shimano Sedona is that it is ideal for all types of freshwater fishing- inshore, offshore, streams, lakes, and even in rivers. The trademark Hagane gears and machine cut spool make it an excellent choice even in such an affordable budget.
- The hagane Gerar makes this spinning reel robust, string, and a better performer. Hence, you can go fishing anywhere with it.
- The double anodized machine-cut spools offer you better line management and increase the line lay performance. It also comes with a propulsion line management system that allows you to cast the line for ling distances without any backlash or knots. Additionally, you can retrieve the border without any problem.
- It comes with the dragging power of 24lbs. Hence, it is excellent for siding small and medium-sized fishes in freshwater.
- It is an excellent freshwater spinning reel and is ideal for all types of freshwater fishing style.
- The hagane gears and string body offer you a not of smoothness and flexibility.
- The propulsion line management system maintains the line and offers higher cast power.
- It is a long-lasting reel with a G-free body.
- Great drawing power.
- Great for inshore and offshore fishing.
- The reel lacks a reverse direction switch
- You can not retrieve the line with the left hand.
You can check this new model from Shimano if you are a freshwater person and a beginner angler or someone with a tight budget. It offers a great kline management system and smooth dragging power to catch any type of fish in freshwater.
Product Buying Guide
If you are going to buy a fishing reel, then a little guidance is always a good thing. The pro tops can helo you to pick an excellent fishing reel within your budget. Here is a general buying guide to help you in this matter-
The water type and fishing style
You need to choose a spinning reel according to the fishing style. If you go to saltwater, buying a unique saltwater fishing rel that can work within current or withstand saltwater images is excellent. But, for freshwater, you need another reel. Hence, check the water compatibility before you buy it. Additionally, you also need to take a close look at your fishing style. There are two types of models- inshore spinning reel and offshore spinning reel. You can choose as per your fishing style.
The size of the reel
Spinning reels are available in sizes from 1000 to 9500. Reels with capacities from 1000 to 3500 are ideal for catching small fishes(up to 5 kg). THE SIZES 4000 to 5500 is perfect for medium-sized fish(up to 7 kg). And the biggest ones are of sizes 6000 to 9500. It is ideal for catching larger fishes ranging from 6 kg to more than 15 kgs.
Hene, it is clear that you need to choose the reel size carefully according to the size of the fish you prefer to catch. The more colossal reels are suitable for offshore and surf fishing.
The length of the line also matters a lot. You need to buy a model with the right length to cast your bait to a long distance. Additionally, check if the reel comes with reel meter or your convenience. It may be a small feature but is beneficial.
Fishing reels with smooth drag is excellent for any age. It allows you to retrieve the fish smoothly ad you also have less chance of missing the catch.
You can buy any model from the above list as per your choice. All the reels are tremendous and offer excellent service. If you are confused, then you can take help from the buying guide during shopping. A good fishing reel will make your fishing sessions enjoyable and exciting.