Table of Contents
Best Selling Saltwater Spinning Reels Under $100
Separate fishing reel for saltwater fishing? If you are someone who has gone fishing in the sea on saltine lakes, you know the importance of investing in a particular reel capable of saltwater fishing. A lot of anglers search for the best saltwater spinning reel under 100. The truth is the choice of the reels depends on the type of fish you are going to catch.
Usually, the fishing reels under $100 are great for inshore fishing. But, you can also find some models big enough to go for surfcasting. You do not need to spend a lot of money on buying a particular saltwater reel. You can find multiple models under $100. But, you need to choose a model that is of good quality and offers better performance.
You will find thousands of models in the market that claim to be saltwater fishing reels within your budget. And you might be confused. A little guidance helps a lot. On the other hand, if you have just started going for inshore fishing, you may need some advice. You have landed in the right article that can answer all of your queries. You will get all the information about the five best saltwater spinning reels under 100 and a buying guide. Read till the end to know more.
5 Best Saltwater Spinning Reels Under $100 Review
1. Daiwa BG SW Spinning Reel
Daiwa BG SW spinning reel is a crowd favorite since 1981. It is a range of different models, and you get almost every model within your budget. The most significant benefit if these spinning reels are that they are very robust. The makers only use the best quality materials in making all Daiwa BG SW spinning reels. Therefore, you get assured performance.
The reels may feel simple, but their simplistic design does not hamper their performance. You get smooth pro fishing reels in multiple sizes. The model 1500 is enough for small dishes, and you even get the 8000 model to get larger catches. The Daiwa spinning reels come with waterproof drag systems of carbon fiber washers. You can choose different models with gear ratios like 5.3:1, 5.7:1, and 5.6:1 with diverse lure designs from this range. Any model from the Daiwa BG SW Spinning reel range will provide you with excellent service.
- Daiwa BG SW fishing reels come with Black Anodised Machined Aluminium Housing. The “Hard Bodyz” body and side cover from the manufacturers make the coil very robust. The reel can withstand corrosion and damages.
- The more extensive Digigear system with diagonal cuts allows you to retrieve your catch from a distance smoothly. You do not need to struggle with the fishes even if ut is bigger.
- Daiwa BG SW fishing reels come with an innovative screw-in handle. It allows you to out the proper force on the main gear without any problem.
- The aluminum ABS poll with dynamic cut allows you to cast the reel to any distance with better accuracy. Additionally, you can maintain the line as per your choice. The spool contains a rubber ring that allows you to go starting from the start.
- The innovative infinite Anti-Reverse System available in the 400 and smaller model nullifies the chance of back play during hook set. Furthermore, the larger models like 4500 and above come with Infinite Dial Anty-Reverse System to prevent back play.
- Hard anodized reel body
- The control is smooth, and you do not need to struggle a lot.
- Daiwa BG SW fishing reel comes with durable dragging power.
- Every model is robust and lasts for a long time.
- The reel may seem a little heavier to some users.
- The reel body is hard anodized but has a painted spool.
The Daiwa BG SW fishing reel range is definitely among the best saltwater spinning reel under 100. You get an excellent spinning reel in an affordable budget that will last for a long time.
2. Pen Battle ll Fishing Saltwater Spinning Reel
The next entry in the list of best budget saltwater fishing reels is the Pen Battle II Fishing Saltwater Spinning reel. Penn is a well-known brand that offers different types of angling accessories. The battle ll may be a budget choice, but performance-wise, it can beat pro reels. Battle ll comes with robust design, reliable drag system, line maintaining power, and a proper gear ratio. Hence, you get to hold fishing rel that offers you enough support during fishing. It is strong enough to catch even the larger fishes without any problem.
- The Penn Battle ll saltwater spinning reel range contains multiple models. Each model has a robust full metal body along with a side plate, sturdy aluminum bail wire. Hence the model becomes extremely powerful and offers excellent performance.
- The HT-100 carbon fiber drag system with sealed stainless steel ball-bearing systems make this reel a top pick for best saltwater spinning reel under 100. It can withstand damages from seawater and lasts longer. Additionally, you get smooth drag power for catching even the large fishes.
- Penn Battle ll Superline spool system goes well with the Berkley and Spiderwire super line. The spool also contains a rubber gasket. It allows the user to handle braided lines without any slipping.
- Furthermore, you get line capacity reels that indicate the amount of line left in your reel.
- The Penn Battle ll saltwater spinning reel is extremely durable. The contains a robust metallic body, steel side plate, and superline spool.
- It is ideal for flipping and catching small to large fishes(depending on the model size).
- The model comes with the anti-reverse technique to allow you never to miss any fish.
- The customer support from Penn is great.
- Some users have expressed that the reel gets jammed often
- The coil is on the heavier side.
- The reel lacks reliable sealing.
The Penn Battle II is an excellent mode for off-shore fishing and catching small to medium-sized fishes. If you want to buy something in a budget that offers excellent control over the line, you may purchase it.
3. Shimano NASCI Spinning wheel[amazon box=”B06XPQKY1V” template=”horizontal”]
The number three option is the Shimano NASCI Spinning Reel. Shimano is another brand known for its quality products. The NASCI spinning reel is great for beginners and those who are first buying a fishing reel for saltwater fishing. It is not a simple entry-level model, and you will find some exclusive features in this model. It is a unique entry-level fishing reel that offers performance like some of the most exclusive and coveted fishing reels.
Shimano NASCI range comes with five different models. All the models are right for inshore fishing and are very compact and lightweight. If you are trying to avoid heavy reels, then try to choose a Shimano NASCI model as per your preference. The coil is also waterproof and can resist damages from saltwater. On top of that, features like X-Slip technology, A-RB roller bearings, and Hagane cold-forged gearing makes this model an exc3llnet choice for both beginners and budget buyers.
- The Hagane cold-forged gears offer excellent service. You can easily retrieve any fish – even the bigger catches. It works well and quickly when you apply enough pressure to extract the fish.
- The innovative X-SHIP providers a highly precise and accurate gear system. It also comes with a bearing in the pinion. X-SHIP technology with A-RB roller bearings swiftly transfers the to the rotor. Additionally, the NASCI range comes with two different gear ratios – 6.2:1 and 5:1, and you can choose any model you want.
- The center of mass of the reel lies near the rod and allows you to handle the fishing rod with proper efficiency. It also allows you to strike any bait with accuracy. It is a reel that provides you with enough comfort, and you will never express fatigue even if you handle this rod for the whole day.
- The Shimano NASCI saltwater spinning wheel is entirely waterproof and comes with full-proof all-weather water resistance. Hence, the reel lasts for a long time without any problem.
- The extra thick bail wire allows any angler to manage the line and fishes with efficiency.
- It is an excellent reel for beginner anglers and comes a reasonable budget
- The hagane precision cold-forged gear drive makes this spinning wheel robust and long-lasting
- The spinning wheel is waterproof and can withstand any type of saltwater damage in any season.
- It is a very lightweight reel.
- The Shimano NASCI spinning wheel does not come with a braid ready spool
Shimano NASCI fishing reel is the right choice fr those who have just started inshore fishing or sighing in saltwater. It is a decent model and works well. If you are searching for an affordable model with some exclusive and hi-tech features, then it is your ideal choice.
4. Okuma Inspira Spinning Reel[amazon box=”B015UGNW8A” template=”horizontal”]
Okuma Inspurqa Spinning Reel is a strong contender for the title of the best saltwater spinning reel under 100. Okuma is a comparatively new brand and is not many well-known anglers. But, Okuma has offered some exciting reels for saltwater fishing. The most significant benefit is that the coils are affordable and provide an excellent experience. It is a lightweight reel made with carbon fiber and is extremely strong. On top of that, the Okuma Inspira Spinning reel is corrosion resistant and comes with anti-reverse bearing.
You can catch a small-sized trout to a bigger sized Snapper, and even medium-sized snook and redfish. An excellent model that can handle almost every type of inshore fish species. You can choose any model from sizes 400, 300, and 2000.
- The Okuma Inspira Spinning Reel is very lightweight. It has a carbon-fiber body and is 25% percent lighter than conventional fishing reels. But, the C-40X model is more reliable and lasts longer than you can imagine. It is corrosion-resistant and can withstand any type of water damage.
- It is a fishing reel with Torsion Control Armon that decreases the rate of twisting on the reel. Additionally, the coil also contains twin fork-like arms for a more robust dragging experience. The TCS system maintains line accuracy and is responsive. If you are catching a bigger fish, then the pinion gear would come forward and allow you to control it better.
- The cyclonic flow rotor is robust and straightforward. It increases airflow in the rotor. That helps the rotor to dry faster and prevents any type o eater related damage.
- Okuma Inspira Spinning Reel comes with Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing prevents any type of slope on the reel.
- The aluminum reel handle is robust, durable, and is easy to use.
- You also get a solid aluminum bail wire with innovative Centrifugal Disc Bal design. The simple design allows you more precision in case of operating the bail.
- The Okuma INSPIRA Spinning reel is exceptionally lightweight. It comes with C-40X carbon fiber tech that makes it lighter but extremely durable.
- It is a very affordable reel that offers excellent service.
- The cyclonic flow technology offers smooth crag experience.
- It is great for inshore fishing.
- The reel is not entirely sealed, and it may get jammed occasionally.
- It is not braided.
The Okuma Inspira Spinning Reel is great if you want to handle a lightweight reel. It’s carbon body is lighter and offers better control over fishes. The model comes without a braid-ready spool. Therefore, if you are willing to compromise in that feature it is among the best possible options
5. Pflueger Supreme XT
The Pflueger Supreme XT is the last contender in the list of the best saltwater spinning reel under 100. It is graphite made model with a fully sealed drag facility. It nullifies any type of reverse drag and allows you to smoothly retrieve your catch with its reliable and efficient Stainless steel ball bearings. Additionally, you get a robust reel with sure-click bail with audible sounds for your convenience.
- It is a unique fishing reel with a ten bearing system. The stainless steel ball bearings are corrosion-free and can offer satisfactory service.
- Pflueger President Fishing reel comes with a full-proof drag system with sealed drag washers. The washers get enough lubrication and run smoothly.
- The graphite made rotor body is a blessing. It is lightweight and very durable. Addionllay, you get braid ready spool and can attach the twist to the spool directly.
- The self-click bail makes an audible sound that notifies you about the bail closure and indicates the line’s security while fishing.
- It is a very lightweight fishing reel, and it is better if you go on fishing trips.
- The ball bearing system is excellent and can compete with expensive and pro models.
- The audible click-bait system is very beneficial.
- The reel comes with anti-reverse technology, and you will never miss a single fish with it.
- If you are using monofilament lines, then you may need to be attentive during line retrieval.
- The reel has a higher rate of line twisting.
- Some users have faced difficulty during line retrieval.
- It is a little expensive.
If you go for light-duty fishing, then it is excellent. You can use this reel in both freshwater and saltwater. Consider it if you do not go to saltwater fishing frequently. The model is expensive. Hence, buy it only if you can spend some more.
Product Buying Guide
Now comes the main question- “How to choose the right saltwater spinning reel?” Here are the must-have features that you need to check if you are hunting a good saltwater spinning rel within $100.
Check the material and product quality
You are a budget buyer, but it does not mean you need to compromise with its quality. Saltwater is corrosive and abrasive and can damage your reel with its currents and waves. Additionally, the coils need to withstand sand, rocks, algae, and bumps. Hence. It is always better to choose a reel that is corrosion-proof.
Reels containing carbon, machined aluminum, premium quality stainless steel, and graphite as their primary material are excellent. Additionally, you need to check if the reel is fully corrosion-proof and water-resistant. If the reel is not adequately resistant to water, it may require more time to dry up and get frequent damage.
Check the specificity
Saltwater spinning reels come in various shapes and sizes. You need to choose the right model, depending on your fishing style. There are exclusive models for inshore fishing, saltwater lakes, for small to medium fishes, for larger fishes for deep water or below rapid water.
If you are unable to decide on the fish, it is better to a reel with high line capacity(minimum 100 yards). It is excellent for general purposes in the case of saltwater fishing.
The ball bearing
For saltwater spinning reels, ball bearings are also famous. A higher number of bearings offer you better control over the coil and a smooth retrieving experience.
Fishing is saltwater involves current and faster fishes. Hence, choose a spinning reel with a good retrieve line to cast your bait faster and prevent any twisting in the line. Higher gear rations more than 4:1 offer better retrieve power.
If you are searching for a budget-friendly fishing reel for saltwater, you can choose among the five models within $100. If you need some guidance, follow the buying guide tips to select the right spinning reel model. You need to take pro[er care of your fishing reel to make sure it lasts longer and works appropriately.