The Connection between Health and Mould- Affected Home!

0
31
The Connection between Health and Mould- Affected Home

A mould outbreak in your homes is always despised, but it also a sign that your home is probably damp and poorly ventilated, which calls for serious action. However, it doesn’t end there. A mould growth on releases spores into the air, which remain suspended in the air for long periods and can be easily inhaled by you and your family. So, if you’re sensitive to mould and inhale a large number of spores, you are at a higher risk of experiencing mould-related health illnesses and mould infections that generally grow on the skin.

Therefore, there’s a significant connection between health and a mould-affected home. Let’s see how mould impacts your health.

Weakened Immune Systems

Various studies have suggested that prolonged exposure to suspended spores of common black mould growing in our homes can significantly impact our multiple physiological systems and our immune responses. Exposure to toxins produced by some varieties of mould can lead to various allergies, fungal infections, chronic inflammation, and rarely hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

In severe cases, mould exposure can considerably affect our multiple organs, central and peripheral nervous systems, and the musculoskeletal system as well. Therefore, people with weak immune systems or suffering from chronic diseases should immediately get rid of mould in their homes with Sydney mould removal professionals’ help.

Respiratory Illnesses and Allergies

Damp spaces and poorly ventilated homes often lead to mould-related issues and upper respiratory tract problems in its inhabitants, especially those with asthma and chronic lung illnesses. Prolonged exposure to mould spores can cause even small allergies to result in severe reactions, which includes nose and throat allergic symptoms, coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness.

READ  How to Decorate Your Home Japanese Style

Moreover, inhaling these mould spores can lead to severe asthma symptoms, shortness of breath, and other obstructive, or allergic lung symptoms. Studies have also shown that living in mould-infested environments can even lead to lung conditions like interstitial lung disease, sarcoidosis, hoarseness, and recurring cold-like symptoms.

Other additional symptoms include lung disease, skin irritations, cancer, respiratory infections, and fatigue.

Athletics’ foot

One of the most common skin infections caused by a fungal or bacterial infection is that Athletics’ foot often affects people living in places infested with mould, where this skin condition can become complicated.

You suffer from Athletic’s foot when suspended mould spores enter your broken skin, and the infection can further become complicated over prolonged exposure, thereby making your skin dry and itchy. The skin disease can significantly infect your nail, eventually making it discoloured, thickened, and the nail may even damage and fall off entirely.

Athletics’ foot

Though common, Athletics’ foot is a dreaded skin allergy because it is quite challenging to treat presently available medications. Moreover, the existing treatment requires constant and long supervision of the infection combined with other topical and oral antifungal agents, thus, making it further difficult to treat.

Conclusion

Therefore, the above reasons explain why it is important to ensure a mould-free household. Although you can’t completely get rid of all the mould, you can improve the ventilation and cleanliness in your house to stop mould multiplication, to remain healthy.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here