The news of Samsung Galaxy Fold has already spread like fire in the woods on the internet and people cannot wait anymore to lay their hands on it. Being first of its kind, Samsung Galaxy Fold is expected to the king of all bleeding-edge technology gadgets.
A lot of competitive companies like Apple, Huawei, and LG are soon going to plunge in the same area and come out with their versions of this technology now.
Table of Contents
The Display Controversy & Company’s Review
When Samsung gave a few review unit phones of Samsung Galaxy Fold to a few media persons, they all faced one huge problem; the broken screen. This besieged the company in controversy, hence Samsung looked into the matter.
Turns out, the outer layer of the phone, which reviewers took out thinking peelable, was basically for its protection. Once understood, the company has now written a note on the backside of the phone to not peel the layer out.
Specifications and Features
The most awaited feature of Samsung Fold is its two displays, quite obviously the reason for being called Fold. The second display reveals when you flip open the phone.
The display is called Infinite Flex Display which Samsung proclaims to use in new smart gadgets like tablets and even laptops.
- The outer display of Galaxy Fold flaunts a 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED panel with a 21:9 aspect ratio.
- The inner display of the phone is a large 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dyanic AMOLED canvas with a form factor of 4.2:3.
- 7.3-inch display when opened, 4.3 when closed
- 15.5 mm thick
The second best feature in Samsung Galaxy Fold is the camera. The phone has a total of 6 cameras and the details are:
- Rear Camera 1 — 16MP Ultra Wide | f/2.2
- Rear Camera 2 — 12MP Wide-Angle | f/1.5 – f/2.4
- Rear Camera 3 — 12MP Telephoto | f/2.4
- Front Camera 1 — 10MP Selfie | f/2.2
- Front Camera 2 — 8MP Depth Sensor | f/1.9
- Cover Camera — 10MP Selfie | f/2.2
Memory: 512 GB, 12 GB RAM
Price in USD: $1,980.
Price in Europe: €2,000
Price in the UK: £1,550
Release Date: 26 April 2019.
Connection Deals: Since the price is way too high for a layman who drools over the phone, the good news is, AT&T and T-Mobile are allowing pre-orders for only $66 per month with 30-month 0% APR.
The pre-orders of Samsung Galaxy Fold will begin on April 25. Only 5 days more to go!