Wildly popular all over the United States, vaping is the hottest trend in the smoking world. If you want to try vaping but aren’t sure where to start, do a little research to answer your questions. It pays to know what you are buying and whether you are getting the best bang for your buck.
Table of Contents
What Do I Need?
Your vape starter kit will run anywhere from $15 to $100. The basic set includes:
- The smoking device (your vape pen)
- Vape juice
Some more expensive packages sell multiple coils and varieties of vape juice, but it’s really up to you to decide what you need and how much you want to spend. Note that if you want to vape weed, you may need to buy a different kind of starter kit.
What Kind of Supplies Are Best?
Understand that not all vape pens and vape juices are created equal. Know the quality of your product before you buy. Since you are ingesting something foreign, you want to be informed and comforted that you’re getting something that is safe. Manufacturing and quality control are as big a deal in the vaping world as they are anywhere else, so understand the do’s and don’ts of a quality vaping mechanism.
- DO ask questions and/or look at the products that your vape pen is made from. You want to avoid titanium alloy at all costs. Seeing the grade of titanium listed on the package is always helpful.
- DO know what the coil is made from. This is the part that heats the juice and turns it into vapor, so it is directly associated with what you are ingesting. You want to hear that the coil is made from quartz, tempered glass or stainless steel.
- DON’T buy a coil or vape pen made with Teflon. This could be potentially hazardous to your health.
- DON’T settle for the cheapest option. Do your research, understand the product, and be informed.
Is Vaping Safe?
The myth says that it’s “safer than cigarettes” because you’re only inhaling the vapor, not actual smoke. The truth is that nobody knows just yet. Vaping has only been around since about 2003, and its popularity has increased in more recent years. Until studies can be done to show its effects on humans, nobody can say for sure if it’s safe or unsafe.
An alternative to traditional cigarettes or marijuana joints, vaping is a hot trend with lots of different possibilities and flavors. Educate yourself on what fits you and your budget, and know the potential risks before deciding to try it out.