Can we eat bananas at night? Are there any side effects of eating banana at night? You know, bananas are one of the most popular fruits. You can easily find it in the top consumed fruit list worldwide. Eating bananas offers multiple health benefits. It comes because of some essential minerals and vitamins. Among those, pyridoxal and vitamin B complexes are noticeable. Moreover, bananas provide a rich amount of potassium. You may know that potassium helps to maintain normal blood pressure. Also, bananas are rich in iron content. Note: Iron content helps make hemoglobin in our bodies and fight anemia. Also, bananas are a slow-release food that spices up energy in our bodies.
Eating bananas at night helps us change our state and removes irritation. So eating bananas at night is helpful for your health. But there are a lot of misconceptions related to the consumption of bananas. Among those, the most common one is that eating bananas at night can aggravate cold and cough symptoms.
6 side effects of eating banana at night
Bananas are a widely consumed fruit all around the world. You can easily find them in any local stores and farmer shops because it has some great amenities to our body. Like the amenities, you will find some side effects of eating banana at night.
- First, eating bananas is helpful for those who are suffering from a cold & cough or have problems of this sort. Because eating bananas at night causes mucus formation. There’s rich histamine in bananas, resulting in excitable mucus secretion. Another fact is people typically use ethylene gas to ripen the bananas. That chemical will also cause cold & cough.
- Secondly, eating bananas is harmful to asthma-affected people. When an asthma patient eats a banana at night, it causes more phlegm and leads to trouble breathing because bananas contain high potassium content and high antioxidants.
- Thirdly, eating bananas may increase the suffering of stomach issues like bloating or gas. Bloating may be a condition where people feel inflation and cause pressure within the abdomen. That pressure comes from the buildup of gas within the intestines. The reason behind this side effect is that bananas contain a carbohydrate called sorbitol. That substance causes some laxative effects
- Banana also contains a high amount of fiber which is another variety of carbohydrates and dissolves in water. Therefore, gas production will rise. People with digestive issues should avoid high soluble food.
- Another side effect of eating bananas at night is becoming lazy and sleepy. Bananas help to produce melatonin which works to make our body feel sleepy. We all know that bananas offer Vitamin B6. Though melatonin makes us sleepy, without a particular amount of melatonin, you can’t enjoy a sound sleep.
- Lastly, the side effects of eating banana at night are tooth decay. If someone has a tooth problem, it is better to avoid eating bananas. Because it increases the probability of dental caries. Bananas contain high amounts of sugar, both glucose and fructose. In bananas, sugar and starch both are present, which involves tooth decay. The bacteria in our mouth love those carbohydrates and excrete acid, which may contribute to cavities.
Some benefits of eating bananas at night
Bananas are the world’s most popular fruit. Many people have doubts about bananas because of their high sugar and carb content. There are not only side effects of eating banana at night but also benefits. Here are some benefits of eating bananas at night:
Since bananas offer different minerals. For instance, magnesium, vitamin B6, potassium, and so on. These all help us in sound sleep. Moreover, Vitamin B6 helps to maintain a healthy nervous system and clean the kidney and liver.
Shorten muscle cramps
We know that there’s a high level of potassium in bananas, which helps to relax our muscles within the body.
Potassium helps to balance sodium. Plus, its electrolytes help to relax muscles. Muscle cramps occur when there’s a coffee level of potassium present in our bodies.
Reduce stress and anxiety
Magnesium from bananas will help to release stress and then relax. This magnesium affects the hypothalamus. Note: This brain component will help to control the adrenal and pituitary glands that are liable for stress.
So, having bananas before sleep helps to stay calm and reduce stress.
GABA triggers restful sleep. Magnesium from bananas helps to maintain GABA levels. GABA promotes sleep by slowing brain waves and feeling calm. Magnesium helps in ensuring good GABA levels and also reduces insomnia.
Increases Serotonin and Melatonin Production
Vitamin B6 is present in bananas. That substance converts amino alkanoic acid tryptophan to serotonin. Note: Serotonin helps to control melatonin in our body. Melatonin shortage retard sound sleep.
Restless legs Syndrome
Magnesium from bananas helps to reduce the symptoms related to Ekbom syndrome. RLS occurs because of uncomfortable and unpleasant sensations in the leg.
Researchers found the imbalance of dopamine behind that problem. But high levels of potassium may reduce this problem.
Reduce blood pressure
However, bananas contain a high level of potassium, so it helps to take care of the unnecessary sodium effects within the body. There’s a desire to balance sodium and potassium minerals to scale back pressure levels. Note: Increasing potassium and reducing sodium levels in our bodies help to lower blood pressure. For that, you can eat bananas to keep the pressure levels normal.
Helps in getting extra fiber
Since bananas contain fiber, eating bananas at night keeps an extra boost in our bodies. Moreover, additional fiber prevents type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, etc.
Control stomach acid
If you eat an oily and spicy meal at night, then eat a banana at night to reduce acidity.
Some interesting facts about bananas
Apart from the side effects of eating banana at night, we found some interesting facts about bananas. So, let’s begin.
- One study shows that those who eat too much spicy food can eat bananas at night to reduce stomach acidity.
- Eating bananas is also very beneficial for health after exercise.
- Banana sweets help to reduce wrinkles.
- According to experts, one banana contains 423 mg potassium, 105 calories.
- If you want to lose weight, you can eat two bananas with milk.
- Bananas on your diet will help to reduce the risk of death from strokes by 40%.
- On average, one banana contains around 20% of your daily requirement of vitamin B6. This helps your body produce insulin, hemoglobin, and amino acids needed for healthy cells.
- Bananas offer almost the same amount of Vitamin C as Lemon.
FAQ: side effects of eating banana at night
Does eating bananas at night increase weight?
Bananas contain a rich amount of potassium. That ingredient helps to decrease blood pressure. Also, bananas are high in calcium and folate, magnesium. Therefore, bananas help to heal nutritionally. You can avoid gaining weight-related fear.
When is the best time to eat a banana?
Morning is a suitable time for eating bananas. You can eat bananas with oatmeal or other fruits. Eating bananas at that time will bring excellent health benefits. One of the substantial benefits is losing weight. Also, bananas with oatmeal are tasty, along with refueling your body.
Is it bad to eat banana at night?
Experts say eating bananas at night is nothing unsafe. But, bananas require a long hour to digest because of the heavy nature of bananas. So, if you wish to eat it at night, you should eat it 2 to 3 hours before sleep. However, eating bananas makes a person lazy.
What are the side effects of eating a banana?
Eating bananas isn’t liable for any serious side effects on your health. You will find a few less serious problems—for example, gas, bloating, softer stools, cramping, vomiting, and nausea. If anyone eats too much, it may cause high blood potassium levels. However, bananas cause allergic problems to some people.
Does eating bananas at night increase weight?
Bananas are rich in potassium. You may know that potassium helps to lower the blood pressure level. Moreover, bananas contain calcium, magnesium, and folate, which is called nutritionally healing. More or less, you can eat bananas without the fear of gaining weight.
Final Thought of side effects of eating banana at night
Eating bananas is like both sides of a coin. That means you will get various amenities along with some side effects. Among those benefits, bananas contain low carbohydrates, which don’t increase sugar levels. Also, the presence of magnesium content helps in sound sleep. On the other hand, there are some side effects of eating banana at night. For instance, bananas make a person lazy. Also, it boosts high blood pressure if you consume more. But, we can say bananas bring many benefits to your health in the end.
Imagine filing your nails with a nail file. This creates powdery residue. It results from the friction between the nail file and your nails. That’s pretty much what’s happening within an under-lubricated engine. When the engine is running at 3,000 RPM (for example), all the moving metal parts rub against each other fast. For example, a piston with a 3.5″ stroke travels 7 inches every revolution. So at 3000 pm, the piston is traveling 1750 feet every minute, with only a thin film of oil to protect it. Without proper lubrication, the heat and friction between the metal parts would create small metal shavings. Metal shavings vary in size, but most of them are microscopic.