It is apparent that salads seem to be one of the most popular choices of food when it comes to diet. Because salad is normally made of vegetables and some other ingredients to provide enough energy without expanding the waistline. However, with so many unhealthy choices out there, which one should be chosen to be on this top 10 salad recipes to lose weight list? Because without carefulness, you may choose something with even more energy than a burger with French fries.
So this list is made based on the calories that these salads carry along. It is 400 calories. Why?
Because by consuming 400 calories per day, you will be able to fuel your energy, revise your metabolism without gaining weight or expanding your waistline. Moreover, these 12 recipes have been proven that it is totally possible to pack in the greens without the pounds.
- Tuna Nicoise
- 4 chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 can of tuna, rinsed and drained
- 8 boiled, drained and chilled potatoes
- Some of steamed, drained and chilled green beans
- 2 sliced hard-cooked eggs
- Some cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives
- 1 tablespoon of salt-free seasoning blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- SALAD: Put all the ingredient into a bowl and gently mix them together to avoid being crushed
- DRESSING: Mix all the ingredient together and drizzle it on the salad.
- Couscous and Vegetable Salad
- 2½ tablespoon currants
- 2½ tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1½ tablespoon pistachios
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme and oregano
- 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of whole wheat couscous
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup of thawed frozen peas
- 1½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped red/yellow bell pepper
- Put salt, water and 1 teaspoon of oil into a saucepan and boil them. Stir the couscous. Cover and wait till the fluid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork
- Put the couscous into a bowl and add chickpeas, peas, pepper, currants, tomato, carrot and nuts.
- Whisk together with oregano, lemon juice, thyme and the rest of oil in the bowl.
- Put inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes and enjoy.
- Wild rice salad
The main ingredients of this salad is wild rice, cashews, arugula, and red onions. This savory delight is sprinkled with fresh parsley, honey and agave, this salad only costs less than 12 mg of your daily intake of sodium. Moreover, you can enjoy the crunchy cashew as well. To ensure that you have added this into your must – try a salad.
- Edamame, Smoked Turkey and Black Bean Salad
- 2 cup of cubed smoked turkey meat
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of unsalted corn kernels
- 1 cup of shelled edamame
- 1 med red bell pepper
- ½ cup of chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Salt-Free Original Perfect Pinch
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Mix the turkey, corn, edamame, beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and Perfect Pinch. Mix together the vinegar, oil and pour over the turkey and vegetables. Put some salt and pepper over.
- Divide the lettuce into 4 plates. Top with vegetable mixture and the turkey
Steakhouse and Mozzarella Salad
Salads at the steakhouse are a greatly intelligent choice to opt, however, you may opt to share with somebody else since they are too large as an appetizer. Always remember to add dressing on the side and sprinkle some oil and vinegar to enhance the taste as well.
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- 12 square wonton wrappers
- ½ package of enoki mushrooms
- 4 cups of torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 scallions, sliced into thin round
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Turn on the oven to 350° F. Cut the wonton wrappers into strips. Put the strips on a baking sheet. Spray some cooking spray and bake.
- Mix chicken, mushrooms, the lettuce and celery into a large bowl. Whisk peanut oil, vinegar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, and sriracha sauce together. Toss it to blend the taste.
- Greek Salad
- 2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 med of tomato, cut into wedges
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 stuffed grape leaves
- ½ med whole wheat pita
- ¼ cup of reduced feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, mixed with the ½ tablespoon of red vinegar
Put the lettuce on a plate. Place grape leaves, feta, whole wheat pita, and the tomato. Add some oil and toss. Enjoy!
Tomato, fresh corn, and red onion salad
- 2 med of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ? teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ med red onion, sliced
- ? c of fresh basil leaves
- 1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
- Cut off the kernels of the corn and add tomatoes, basil and onion to stir well.
- Add oil, salt vinegar and pepper to the veggie and toss it. Refrigerator for 4 hours and serve it
- Tostada Salad
Tostada salad is a famous Mexican salad that is able to help you to boost up your energy without gaining weight from it. Taco salads might seem to be a really healthy choice, however, you should be aware of fried tortilla bowl. Therefore, stick to the ¼ portion only to keep the calories under 400. The toppings should be cheddar cheeses, chicken tort strips and sour cream to enhance the taste.