The pain that arises from a kidney stone is so much grueling, horrible, and unbearable. When a man suffers from the pain, they say, it is the biggest pain a man can suffer from, because the pain is almost similar to the pain that a woman in labour undergoes.
Table of Contents
What is a Kidney Stone?
A kidney stone is formed from the deposits of calcium, uric acid, and oxalate. Crystals from these substances harden and over time they develop into stones.
Most of the kidney stones are usually formed from calcium.
If the kidney stones are left untreated, they can shift to the ureter and prevent the free flow of urine.
So, consult a urologist at the earliest to prevent worsening the pain and the complications. The doctor treats based on the size of the stones. If the size of the stone is large, it may require surgery.
But if the size is small, the doctor will prescribe you medicines. These medicines help in managing the pain and in letting the stones pass through the urine. So, do not ignore them.
You can keep the medicines handy through online medicine delivery service.
Symptoms of Stones in the Kidney:
- Pain while urinating
- Facing it difficult to pass the urine or passing urine frequently than usual
- Passing blood along with urine
- Fever and chills
Causes of Kidney Stones:
- Genetics: It runs in the families. So, in case any of your family members is suffering from it, you may have a high risk of falling prey to it
- Dehydration: Lack of water in the body can form stones in kidneys
- Diet: A protein-rich diet or a diet that has a high salt-content can become an underlying cause for the formation of kidney stones
- Obesity: Overweight and obesity is also one of the
- Other health Disorders: If a person is suffering from any other medical condition, then there are high risks for the person to develop kidney stones.
Are all Kidney Stones the same?
Not all the kidney stones are the same because the composition of each stone is different. Based on their composition, they are categorized into different types.
- Calcium stones
- Cystine stones
- Uric acid stones
- Struvite stones
- Drink more water: Studies show that people who pass more urine are less likely to develop kidney stones. Also, this is one of the best and easy ways to prevent the formation of stones. Therefore, drink plenty of water.
- Increase Citric in your Diet: Citrus fruits and vegetables are highly recommended to prevent this condition. The citrus content in them increase the citrate in the urine and reduce the risk of forming the stones.
- Eat Calcium-rich Food: Include more calcium in your diet. This helps in cutting down the oxalate levels.
Home remedies for Kidney Stones:
A lot of things are there which can help you prevent the formation of kidney stones or to dissolve the already existing stones.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This thick and rich oil can help in easy passage of the stones through the urinary tract. Taking 1 oz early in the morning can also help reduce pain and discomfort.
- Pomegranate juice: The astringent and antioxidant property of pomegranate prevents the formation of kidney stone. It also lessens the acidity of the urine and hence prevents stone formation.
- Kidney Beans: The higher level of magnesium in kidney beans reduces kidney stones and their symptoms.
- Wheatgrass Juice: It increases the amount of urine formation and hence facilitates the passage of small stones if any. Their high antioxidant content helps the urinary tract get rid of minerals and salts which further reduces any chances of retention of the stones.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Citric acid present in apple cider vinegar helps in dissolving calcium deposits which gradually reduces the size of stones and help in their complete elimination.
- Lemon juice: Lemon contains the compound Citrate which breaks down calcium deposit and stops their formation. Lemon juice taken early in the morning with a glass of water can also help flush out small stones present in the urinary tract.
When to see a doctor?
A person must see a doctor in case of severe pain in the lower part of the abdomen and genitals. Painful urination for a couple of times should also not be ignored.
Most of the time, kidney stones are treatable with fluid therapy or pain medication which are easily available in the online drugstore.
But when the size of the stone is large or when it gets stuck in the urinary tract, immediate surgery is required as it may hurt and damage the urinary tissues.
If a person is diagnosed with a kidney stone, there are high chances for him to encounter the same issue in the future. Hence, treat them at the earliest and stay safe.
Never miss the medicines prescribed by the doctor and keep the doctor as scheduled.
You can buy the medicines online from the best online medicine store in India from the comfort of your home.