There are many reasons to consider blinds an important part of your interior design. For one, among all types of window treatments, blinds are the most durable, versatile and functional without compromising aesthetics. Also, they come in various colors, materials, sizes and designs, so choosing the best ones for your home can be fun and exciting. You can easily match your choice with your personality, and the ambiance you want to set for your interior.
In this post, you’ll learn how to incorporate your blinds into your interior design to help you to make an informed decision and obtain the best look for your home.
Aluminum Venetian Blinds For All Types Of Interiors
Make My Blinds explains that aluminum venetian blinds are made of lustrous metal that comes in matte and beam shine, with a wide range of colors to match all types of interior designs. One of the major benefits of aluminum blinds is that they’re so low-maintenance. Simply wipe them down with a damp cloth and you’re good to go. Also, aluminum blinds can withstand high levels of humidity without weathering.
Check the following ways in which you can incorporate aluminum venetian blinds into your home:
- Classic metals are your best choice for the kitchen.
- Greens and blues are perfect for children’s rooms.
- Black aluminum blinds as a great item background on the window sill.
- Whites for a clean and neat interior look.
- Vibrant colors to add to your home’s ambiance.
Create A Japanese-Inspired Theme
Blinds come in natural, earthy colors, perfect for a Japanese style home. The Land of the Rising Sun respects nature, and one of the easiest ways to mimic this quality in your interior design is by incorporating venetian blinds and traditional Japanese plants. Some perfect examples of indoor Japanese plants include azalea, bamboo, bonsai, Hydrangea, Camellia japonica, and iris.
Here are some other ways you can incorporate your blinds into your Japanese-inspired interior design:
- Install Venetian Blinds In Big Windows: Japanese style homes have big windows to let the sunshine radiate inside the house. But if you’re not ready for a full of blast sunlight, installing venetian blinds could be your savior. Install blinds in Japanese sliding doors and big windows; you’ll still allow enough natural sunlight to enter your home whenever you like by raising or lowering the blinds.
- Install Wooden Venetian Blinds: Achieve a Japanese style home by installing wooden venetian blinds, perfectly capturing this style’s natural beauty and minimalist qualities. If you prefer waterproof blinds that look like wooden blinds, opt for installing faux wood instead. Faux wood blinds are 100% water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about warping even if it’s drenched.
Consider Skylight Blinds High-Quality Replacements
If you want to install branded skylights without breaking your bank, consider installing high-quality replicas of expensive branded blinds. Get better sleep at night by preventing all sorts of light from getting into your room, especially when the sun is high with blackout skylights blinds.
Make Your Home Warm And Cozy With Roman Blinds
Thermal roman blinds are perfect for cold climates. Feel warm and cozy by installing thermal roman blinds. During summer, these will keep your home cooler as they can block heatwaves.
Blackout roman blinds help to create a cinema room effect, suitable for watching Netflix in your entertainment room. On the other hand, blinds with light filtering fabrics allow some light to enter through, which is ideal for rooms or hallways requiring privacy but not total darkness.
Embrace French Country Style
The French country style is characterized by a neutral color palette with an eclectic combination of functional and fashionable antiques and homewares. It is common to see natural and raw materials in a French interior design, such as carved timber, wrought iron and stone. Using these materials makes the interior warm and unpretentious.
French style homes often have fine elements such as chandeliers and fancy vases, accentuated by timeless, elaborately designed roman blinds. Roman blinds can be paired well with contemporary and classic homes, consisting of one stylish fabric roll, elevating the look of any room. Also, roman blinds complement your existing furniture, while offering privacy and light control.
Consider Printed Blinds
Digital technology has also paved the way for innovative designs in window treatment, and most particularly blinds. Customized blinds employ digitally printed images on blinds, such as the following:
- Flowers: Make your blinds visually impactful with digitally printed images of real flowers on your blinds. For instance, flower-print roller blinds constitute a modern wall art piece when lowered to control light and provide plenty of light when raised.
- Waves: Wavy patterns are perfect for balancing angles and straight-line features in a room, keeping it smoothly flowing to the eyes.
- Geometric Designs: Blinds with geometric patterns are suitable for contemporary, modern and even retro homes. Roman blinds with geometric floral patterns look stunning in bedrooms and living areas.
- Elaborate Designs: For elegance purposes, you should choose elaborately designed patterns for your blinds to bring out the cozy, luxurious and classic look that you want for your interior.
Choose The Best Material And Color Scheme
Blinds come in different materials, including aluminum, wood, faux wood, vinyl, fabric and leather. Certain materials work well for different rooms. For example, fabric blinds are more suitable for Mediterranean-like climates, allowing the sun to enter but not heat.
It’s also vital to consider the best color scheme for your blinds. They come in different shades, so you should choose the best color to fit the room. For instance, in lively rooms choose blinds of a stunning color, such as red vertical blinds to add a striking element to your home. You can choose from lighter red, pastel pink and deep fiery red, with dimout and blackout options available.
As you can see, incorporating Blinds Into Your Interior Design is not too difficult. Just make sure that you choose the right material and color based on your personality, as well as the functionality, features and benefits of a particular kind of blind. Aluminum blinds are low-maintenance and can be used to style any interior you want, such as Japanese-inspired or French style home. Also, don’t forget about blinds with patterns, such as flowers and prints, to add that much-needed beauty to every room in the house.