CBD Hemp Seeds are seeds availed from the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa). It’s the same species as marijuana (cannabis), however, of a different variety. But it has THC in trace amounts, considered to be a psychoactive compound present in marijuana. These seeds are nutritious and an amazing source of different types of minerals, protein, and healthy fats.
What benefits to derive from CBD hemp seeds?
There are namely six science-backed benefits offered by these seeds.
- Extremely nutritious: Being a nut, they are highly nutritious. Also, they have a nutty, mild flavor also known as hemp hearts. They contain 30+% fats and are a good source of Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and Omega 6 (linoleic acid), two essential acids necessary for the human body. Also is present gamma-linolenic acid offering a variety of health benefits. Being rich in protein, they are great for recovery. Also are present minerals like zinc, iron, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus, including Vitamin E.
- Seeds & Oils treat skin disorders: Your body immune response is affected by fatty acids. The immune system depends upon Omega 3 & Omega 6 fatty acids to stay balanced. CBD Hemp seeds contain essential fatty & polyunsaturated acids. The optimal range of Omega 6 & Omega 3 ratio being is 3:1, present in this seed. Its oil is prescribed to people suffering from eczema and helps improve blood levels. Oil also helps to provide relief to dry skin, reduce skin medication, and improve itchiness.
- Reduces heart disease: Consumption of CBD hemp seeds can help reduce risks related to heart disease. Amino acid arginine is present in high amounts in hemp seeds, which is known to produce nitric oxide, which dilates the blood vessels & helps you to relax. This automatically reduces your blood pressure, thereby reducing heart diseases. Increased intake of arginine has helped experience reduced CRP (C-reactive protein) levels, considered to be an inflammation marker. Heart diseases are associated with higher CRP levels. Hemp seeds also comprise of gamma-linolenic acid that helps to reduce inflammation, thereby eliminating risks associated with heart diseases.
- Reduces Menopause & PMS symptoms: Around 80% of women in their reproductive age are found to suffer from emotional or physical symptoms resulting from PMS (premenstrual syndrome). Such symptoms are the result of increased prolactin hormonal sensitivity. Hemp seeds also have gamma-linolenic acid that produces prostaglandin E1 that reduces prolactin effects. With GLA present in high amounts in CBD hemp seeds, menopause symptoms are reduced significantly. GLA also helps to regulate inflammation and hormonal imbalances caused by menopause.
- Helps with digestion: Every diet needs to have some amount of fiber in it to improve digestion. Whole hemp seeds comprise of 80% insoluble & 20% soluble fiber, both essential for better & smooth digestion. But shelled & de-hulled seeds also referred to as hemp hearts come with less fiber due to the extraction of the fiber-rich shell.
CBD hemp seeds are rather a staple food in the West and do offer amazing nutritional value. Looking to add hemp to your diet? Head on over to ilovegrowingmarijuana.com to browse through a wide selection of seeds.