The most frustrating situation is one when all of a sudden, your computer hard drive stopped working with a biz-biz sound. The next moment you start realizing that all of your essential data and files such as audios, videos, pictures, and documents are gone or at high stakes. Now if you want to know whether you can recover data from a dead hard drive or not, then I got its answer for you. I suggest you take a deep breath and try to remain positive even in this adverse situation. Grab a glass of water and start reading.
What is meant by a Dead Hard Drive?
Whenever you try to start your system, then its booting process doesn’t complete, and you hear “biz-biz” sound. So, when your hard drive doesn’t respond, and your computer won’t boot. It merely implies that your hard drive got damaged. The reason could be anything from a power surge to controller chip failure to accidental fire or water drop.
What are the chances of Data Recovery from a Dead Hard Drive?
I don’t want to raise your hopes when a hard drive goes dead then some or all of its file get affected. There are some incidents with 100 percent data loss, but again, there is a situation when a computer user recovered all the data. So, when your files didn’t get corrupted by hard drive failure, then you can get all the data back.
It is strongly suggested to keep a backup file of your all important documents, videos and audio somewhere else. The hard drive is hardware which can go corrupt accidentally without even giving you a red signal, for instance. So, you should try to keep all the crucial data save.
How to Recover Data from a Dead Hard Drive?
For this purpose, You can opt for two options: One is to use a bootable CD/DVD of data recovery software, and second is to go for a hard drive recovery services. You can find a free and paid version of such software online.
Method No.1 – Recovering files through software
- Once you have the software, the next thing to do is to run it on your computer.
- When software launch on your computer, you need to select a drive from where you want to start the recovery process on your hard disk. The good thing about this software is that it would help you get back your lost and deleted disk files as well.
- As soon as scan completes, you will see a pop-up window which brings details of all the files on your drive. You can see both existing and hidden file details in this list.
- You can double-click on each file, to get its preview.
- The next thing is to select all those files which you want to recover by checking the boxes-next to file name.
- Now you can copy these files into another drive and save them. However, I suggest you copy them on an external storage device; it is possible that some other portion of your hard disk is damaged.
Method No.2 Getting help from Experts
When you have some confidential files, and you don’t want to take any risk, then the best option is to give your hard disk in the hands of experts. You can attain hard drive recovery services and enjoy some peace of mind. All you need to do is to contact an agency which offers this kind of services. You can enjoy free consultation to know whether your dead drive data is recoverable or not. In case your data is recoverable, you need to pay them a fee and get back your data. However, when your data is lost, you won’t have to pay them anything.
Finally, you know what is meant by dead hard drive and what chances of data recovery from it are. I shared two best ways to recover lost and deleted files from your dead hard drive. Now it’s your personal choice to pick a method which suits you the most.