A good rifle requires a good scope for better viewing. It would help if you chose wisely before buying a scope. You should neither spend a considerable amount of money nor want the cheapest and the poorest scope for yourself. A good scope helps you to have better viewing of your target. They are for hunting, bird watching, wildlife observation, shooting, etc. If you are looking to buy a rifle scope but do not have much knowledge about it, do not worry. We have listed down a few of the best scope for AR 15 under $100. The article will talk about the features along with the advantages and the disadvantages. Go through the article thoroughly to know more about the scopes.
5 Best Selling Scope For AR 15 Under $100
There are numerous scopes available in the market, but we have handpicked the best five rifle scopes with the best features yet cheap.
1. UTG 3 – 9 X 32 BugBuster AO Scope
The UTG BugBuster AO Scope is the highest-selling scope in the market. Although the product is cheap, it has all the features that a professional buyer would want.
You will most of the time not find a scope under $100 with lockable and resettable turrets. Due to the locking feature, it provides you with confidence while sighting. You should always keep in mind to never nudge and knock уоur аdјuѕtmеntѕ оut оf place. It has a mil-dot reticle that helps to track accurately with the adjustments. Moreover, the hash marks аlоng thе еntіrе еlеvаtіоn аnd wіndаgе сrоѕѕhаіrѕ allows for multiple аіmіng роіntѕ аnd rаngіng уоur tаrgеt.
Like the other best scopes, this product too hаѕ duаl іllumіnаtіоn іn rеd аnd grееn. The control brightness with the die dial helps to receive an exact look and соnvеnіеnt lосаtіоn thаn оn thе еуеріесе. This product does not have any parallax issues because of the AO on the objective bell. It helps to focus fоr аn ехtrеmеlу сlоѕе dіѕtаnсе оf 3 уаrdѕ tо іnfіnіtу.
The scope comes with a 2 ” ѕunѕhаdе, flір ореn сарѕ along with QD rіngѕ. It is completely sealed and nitrogen filled, which makes it shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof. Hence, you can carry this scope along with you in any weather conditions. It also has a 1 – inch tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission to get a clear and bright picture.
- 1 / 4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- 2 lithium metal batteries included
- 2 ” sunshade
- Saddle height of 15 mm
- Rаngе mіl – dоt rеtісlе – You will find a range of mil-dot reticle in the product that helps one to track the targets accurately with the adjustments.
- Rеtісlе іllumіnаtіоn – It too has dual illumination like the other products in the market. The control brightness with the die dial in the product helps the user by receiving an exact look and соnvеnіеnt lосаtіоn thаn what he gets оn thе еуеріесе.
- Аdјuѕtаblе оbјесtіvе – The adjustable objective helps to focus at an ехtrеmеlу сlоѕе dіѕtаnсе оf 3 уаrdѕ tо іnfіnіtу.
- Lockable / rеѕеttаblе turrеtѕ – As the product offers lockable and resettable turrets, the user feels comfortable and a confident sighting.
- Quаlіtу соntrоl іѕѕuеѕ – While using the product, you may find certain control issues which majorly does not hamper your adventure.
Overall, when you consider the product, it has better features than the rest and is also cheap. Therefore, leaving apart the minor faults, you can spend an amount on the scope.
2. Simmons 560520 Truplex Riflescope
The Simmons Riflescope has its name because of its products. Whether you are a huntsman, shooter, or military, this product fits everyone.
The product has a 50 mm objective lens; therefore, the front part of the scope is enormous compared to the other scopes available in the market. The scope has an exit pupil of 16.6 to 5.6 mm and a 60 ″ adjustment range at 100 yards. If you want the objective lens away from your rail or barrel, you might need a high-rise ring.
The Simmons Truplex Reticle 3 – 9 x 50 mm is built with fully coated optics for the user to get bright, high – contrast target images. With an eye relief of 3.75, you may not agree to attach it with a heavy recoil firearm, but it works fine with them. It is almost 13.8 ″ long and weighs 13.2 ounces.
With the help of this scope, you can zoom your targets from 3 X to 9 X. Even at such an affordable cost, this product has sharp resolutions and is focused at all magnification. Moreover, the images are HD, crisp, clear, and bright. However, you might face difficulties while focusing beyond 80 yards. The riflescope is shockproof, waterproof and fog proof; hence, you can carry it in any weather conditions.
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- 12 x magnification
- 40 millimeter waterproof and fog proof tube riflescope
- TrueZero fingertip windage and elevation adjustment system
- Objective lens – 50 mm
- Exit Pupil – 16.6 to 5.6 mm
- Eye Relief – 3.75
- Durable – The scope is durable and is built with a beautiful design. Moreover, the product is filled with nitrogen that makes it fog proof and waterproof.
- Fully coated optics – A fully coated optics extra light does not enter the lens; therefore, it gives the user crisp, clear, and bright pictures.
- Focus – The product has a good focus, but you may face issues when focusing more than 80 yards.
If you think the focusing issue in the scope is significant, then you are wrong. Only when you try to focus beyond 80 yards, you face difficulties. Therefore, keeping aside this negative attribute, the product is the best scope under $100. Hence, you can spend your hard-earned money and add it to your collection.
3. Bushnell 613948
Are you looking for a famous and reasonable optics for yourself, then Bushnell is the best to buy. These scopes are enriched with features and rarely have problems.
The scope helps to provide a crisp and clear image and has a low-light feature. The Dusk and Dawn lens is multi-coated, which offers brightness and clarity when hunting in low-light environments. The anti-reflective coatings on all air to glass surfaces helps to deliver bright and high-contrast images.
Focusing with the help of this scope is easy and quick as long as you are using up to 14 x. As you try the focus at 18 x or above, you start facing difficulties. Moreover, the picture becomes blurry. Due to the 18 x magnification and a large objective lens of 50 mm, the scope is ideal for long-range varmint, silhouette in the water.
You can carry the riflescope with you anywhere without considering the weather as it is both waterproof and fog proof. The o – ring sealed optics in the scope remains dry even if you immerse it totally in water. Moreover, the argon-filled optics remain stable in every temperature to prevent fog formation.
- Magnification – 4 x to 12 x
- Objective lens – 40 mm
- Eye relief – 3.3 inches
- Eyepiece – 12 inches
- Field of View – 40.0 – 14.0′ at 100 Yd / 13.6 – 4.7 M At 100 M
- Multi-X reticle; 1/4 MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments
- Durable – The scope is built with a high – quality framework and is durable. It has a clear glass as well that helps to click bright images.
- Long-range shooting – The Bushnell scope is the best for long-range shooting because of the high magnification of 18 x and the huge 50 mm objective lens.
- Waterproof and fog-proof – The scope is both waterproof and fog-proof; therefore, you can carry it in any weather conditions.
Eye relief and focus issues – You may face eye relief issues and when you are trying to use it at magnification.
If you are planning to purchase the Bushnell rifle scope then you should not waste any further moment. Bushnell scopes are the best in the market because of the quality they offer. This scope has all the features that a high-end product comprises.
4. Tacticon Falcon V1 3 X
The Tacticon Falcon is the sturdiest and the most dependable red dot magnifier in the market. If you are thinking of buying a durable, firm scope then this is the one for you.
The scope has an eye relief of 2.5 inches. It has a flip-to-side Picatinny rail mount, allowing you to shoot either 1 X or 3 X magnification by pushing the magnifier to the side. Moreover, you can increase the magnifier’s vertical height as well to match the elevation of almost any red dot optic as the 3 mm shim is included to adjust the vertical height of the magnifier to accommodate use with a broad range of red dot optics.
It provides a crystal clear magnification with a focus adjustment on every red dot magnifier. Each of the lenses in the scope is coated for anti-glare and the glass is sourced from Germany. The scope is compatible with both the red and green dot rifle sights. You will find a push button flip–to–side integrated mount in the scope that allows the shooter to transition between magnified and unmagnified target acquisition quickly.
The scope is both fog proof and waterproof; therefore, you can carry it anywhere irrespective of the weather conditions. It has an O – ring sealed weatherproof aluminum housing that allows up to 10 meters of submersion in water. Lastly, the scope also has a fully adjustable reticle centering integrated into this magnifier.
- Eye Relief – 2.5 inches
- Magnification – 1 x to 3 x
- Shim – 3 mm
- Aluminum sealed O – ring
- Crystal clear magnification – Due to the 2.5 inches of eye relief, the scope proves will clear magnification up to 3 x to get a perfect view of your target.
- Flip-to-side mount with optional shim – It has a flip-to-side Picatinny rail that allows you to shoot either at 1 X or 3 X magnification by pushing the magnifier to the side. The shim provides you with an option to adjust the magnifier’s vertical height to accommodate use with a broad range of red dot optics.
- O-ring – The scope has an aluminum-coated O-ring that can allow the scope to immerse in water up to 10 meters.
Heavy – As the scope is sturdy and built with a firm and durable framework, it is bulkier. You may face issues while hunting for fast-moving targets.
You will never find a sturdy, durable riflescope like the Tacticon Falcon V1 3 x under $100. With all the best features, this scope is one of the best AR 15 scopes under $100. Therefore, you do not need to take long hours to decide to buy the product. If you wish, you should get your hands on it.
5. CREATIVE XP HD Red Dot Sight 3 MOA
Enjoy your hunting, shooting with this scope to get a better view of your target. Now, let’s look at its features.
The other reflex sights have blurry inaccurate dots, they cannot hold up the zero after strong recoil, or sometimes they are impossible to install. The GlassFalcon Red dot sight feature crisp and clear 3 MOA dot. The unique design is quick and easy to zero while holding up the stable to strong recoil.
The scope is shockproof. Therefore, you will not face many issues while using it. The red dot is fully multi-coated and is scratch proof. It also passed the IPX7 waterproof test. The scope is built with an HD glass that offers the user with unbeatable picture quality. The images are bright, clear, it can handle the bright sunny days in Texas as well.
- Easy to use – The scope is easy to use during the problematic hunting or shooting days. Moreover, you can easily install the necessary products without any difficulty.
- Waterproof and shockproof – The product is both shockproof and waterproof; hence, you can carry it anywhere you want. The scope also passed the IPX7 waterproof test.
Expensive – Comparing to the features, the product is a bit overpriced.
You can buy the product because it helps a lot while shooting or hunting. The features are unexpectedly unique and also provide bright, clear images of the target. Moreover, it is easy to use.
How To Choose AR 15 Rifle Scope?
Choosing a good AR 15 Rifle Scope is rather a difficult job. One must never hurry or spend thousands of monies while purchasing a rifle scope. If you are planning to buy a scope, you must keep in mind the key points. A few essentials are as follows:
One of the essential points is to keep in mind the brand. Do not buy any random or cheapest product for the sake of having a rifle scope. You can find the high – quality scopes within the range of $ 800 to $ 1200. However, if you are a beginner, you can start with a comparatively low-budget.
Caliber / Chambers
Next, we have to keep in mind the caliber and the chambers. A rifle scope must have a chamber for 5.56 mm instead of a .223 Remington. Although both the cartridges are dimensionally similar, they are not the same. The 5.56 mm is used for slightly higher velocity and pressure. Therefore, you can safely fire a .223 Remington easily in a 5.56 mm rifle but doing the contrary can be risky and unsafe. Hence, it would help if you got a more versatile 5.56 mm chamber. However, the newer .223 Wylde chamber safely accepts both cartridges.
Barrels and Twist Rates
It would help if you always looked for short and lightest barrels for your AR 15 rifle scope. The long heavy ones are useful for extended range bench rest and match shooting, but they are not ideal for self-defense. One must get a rifle with a weight of 14.5 ” – 16 ”, or an M – 4 profile barrel with a flash suppressor. It would help if you kept in mind not getting a muzzle brake other than the flash suppressor.
Next, the twist rate helps to determine which bullet performs the best in the rifle. If you want to shoot longer with heavier bullets, you need a fast twist rate of (1:7). However, if you’re going to shoot shorter or lighter bullets, you require 55 grain or less for better performance. In general, the 1.8 and 1.9 twist rate works fine. It would help if you also remembered to have a lined barrel, either the chrome lining or the newer Melonite or Nitride coatings. It will give you 5,000 + extra rounds fired before you start experiencing accuracy degradation.
Red Dot Optics
The red dot optic helps you to shoot way faster than open sight. The current red dots have a battery life of more than two years. Therefore, dying batteries are not an issue anymore. Moreover, if you have a red dot, you also need an iron sight as a backup in case the red dot is damaged or fails.
Most of the shooters nowadays replace the red dot with a variable power magnified scope. The power of these scopes revolves around 1x – 6x, or 1x – 8x. They can be used as the red dot at close range but give extra magnification for long distances. They are useful if you find yourself taking frequent 100 – 300 meter shots. Otherwise, the red dot is the best for speed.
A rifle scope requires specific attributes to give the user the best experiences on their adventure expedition. Before spending money on random scopes, think about the purchase wisely. No one would want to get a poor, faulty product even if it is for their profession or as a hobby. Therefore, we hope the article was helpful to you, and now you can make your decision without any doubt. Have a happy buying.