Night Vision scopes are electronically assisted optical devices that enable one to see near or total darkness by amplifying all available light. Night vision scopes are not always incorporated with degrees of magnification; sometimes, they are just used as a viewing device in total darkness. These night vision scopes come with a built-in Infra-Red Illuminator, which acts as a flashlight in complete darkness.
There are two types of night vision scopes: sophisticated and more massive to carry and another, light, and idea as night vision scope. Several generations of night vision scopes (Generation 1 to Generation 4) use a different approach to attain the same objective. Generation 2 and Generation 3-night scope devices offer more light than Generation 1 devices, but they are way more costly than 1st Generation devices. Based on your passion or profession’s priority, you are expected to choose a night vision scope within your range.
Best Selling Night Vision Scope Under $1000
1. Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital
If you are looking for a comparatively cheap night vision riflescope compared to the others in the market, the Night Owl Optics NightShot is the one.
It is both functional and can be used for an extended period. Not only does the product have a good range from 100 – 200 yards under the moonlight but also a high – resolution display of 640 x 480 that allows you to give a clear and excellent view of your environment. It is compatible with any rifle below 30 caliber bullets, be it any of the two – magnum and non – magnum. The night owl optics are constructed of engineered thermoplastic.
It is weatherproof and can be used in any given weather conditions. The windage of the scope can be adjusted according to your choice, along with the elevation. Your one clicks on it is equal to ¼ inches from 50 yards. Moreover, the mounting system is compatible with the weaver or Picatinny rail. The riflescope has a powerful 3 x magnification and a focal length of 52 mm (2.05 inches). With a focusing distance of 3 M to infinity (10 ft above) and a Field of View of 5.6 degrees, this riflescope is the best a professional can purchase. The inbuilt infrared (IR) Illuminator helps you by giving you some light without your mark detecting you.
- Range – 100 – 200 yds. in typical night time environments
- High – resolution display – 640 X 480
- FoV – 5.6 degrees
- Focal Length – 52 mm
- Magnification – 3 X
- Long Range – The rifle has a long-range of about 100 to 200 yards that help you get a good shot and view your surroundings.
- High – Resolution – It has 640 x 480 HD resolution allowing one to get a clear view of your environments.
- Compatible with any rifle – The scope is consistent with any rifle with magnum and non – magnum bullets below 30 calibers.
- Built-in IR illuminator – The rifle has an inbuilt IR Illuminator that helps by giving some light without the mark detecting you.
- Weatherproof – A professional has to go hunting no matter what weather conditions. Then, this rifle comes to be your best pal. It can survive in any weather condition.
- Difficult access to the battery – The only disadvantage with this product is that the battery compartment is quite challenging to maneuver.
The Night Owl Riflescope is one of the best night vision rifles under $ 1000. You get beautiful features under this price, which makes it the best for a professional. However, the battery compartment at times becomes difficult to use.
2. ATN X-Sight II HD 3-14 Smart Day / Night Rifle Scope
The ATN X – Sight II HD 3 – 14-night riflescope is one of the best night vision scopes under 1000. It allows you to hunt at any time of the day without any hassle.
The inbuilt HD technology helps you get a clear crystal-like view of the targets and the surroundings. Due to the Day and Night Vision in millions of different colors, this makes it the best hunting riflescope that fits into any circumstances.
Talking about the design has a smart design that you will not hesitate to flaunt in front of your friends and families. It has a ballistic calculator that automatically calculates all the environment data to hit the target at the first attempt itself. It shifts the Point of Impact and calculates ballistic for any shooter. Moreover, it also determines the exact ballistics quickly for angled and long-range shots. It also has a smart e-compass that helps to navigate by showing you your heading.
The riflescope has a smart range finder that can identify your target range in just two clicks. It determines the distance and then adjusts the Point of Impact. The 3-14 magnification offers a smooth zoom with slight adjustments for a perfect magnification. It also has a 3D Gyroscope that helps to keep your images steady and free of blurs.
The product has Recoil Activated Video (RAV) that records HD videos of your hunting experiences. It has a 1080p HD video recording option and saves high-quality images and videos in an SD card. The product has a great night vision feature giving you an exact look regardless of lighting conditions. Moreover, it has a small flashlight too. It has a Wi-Fi streaming option as well, with a barometer and a GPS tracker. The product can work on both Android and iOS devices.
- Field of View – 1000 yards – 240 ft. Adjustment per pixel- 1 / 8 Inch
- Firmware upgradeable
- Ballistic Coefficient – 0.371
- Day and Night Vision – This feature helps to get a clear view of the surrounding along with your target.
- Ballistics Calculator – The calculator automatically quickly calculates all the environment data for better shooting.
- Smart rangefinder – It helps determine the distance of your target and then adjusts the point of impact.
- HD Video Recording – The product has a Recoil Activated Video feature that helps record 1080p HD videos to keep all your hunting experiences safe.
- E-compass – The smart e-compass helps to navigate you by showing the directions you are heading towards.
- Power Consumption – The riflescope consumes too much power, causing a problem during a long day of hunting. The battery only lasts for two to three hours if you stream videos.
The ATN X – Sight II HD 3–14-night riflescope is overall a good purchase under $ 1000. However, the only disadvantage is its power consumption. The product consumes too much power, which can be often a problem while hunting.
3. ESSLNB Night Vision Monocular 5X40 HD Night Vision
The ESSLNB night vision is the best choice for professionals for its varied features. Although it has the best features, it does not cost much.
The hunting camera is a digital monocular with a CMOS sensor that helps one get a clear view of the environment with a magnification up to 5 X, 8 X digital zoom with a 40 mm objective lens. The product has a built-in infrared illuminator that helps to observe your target in totally dark conditions even at 66 feet. So that the users get a clear and bright image, the product has a CCD auxiliary. You also get a precise observation of a considerable distance, even during the day or low light. The eyepiece can be adjusted and you can fold the diopter and the eyecup for eyeglasses observation. Until you get a clear picture, you can rotate the focusing handwheel, easy to adjust.
You can easily have a grip on the product because of a solid framework and has rubber armor with stripes. They help it from slipping out from your hand. Moreover, it is weatherproof; i.e., it can withstand any weather conditions. The riflescope has wholly sealed and nitrogen filled that makes it fog and waterproof. It prevents moisture and dust from getting into the monocular.
The digital night vision has photo shooting and video recording functions and sounds and playback on a 1.5 inch TFT LCD. If you want you can connect it to a computer with a USB cable or a TV using the cable. You can also share images and videos through USB and the AV OUT sockets. The product also comes with a 16G TF card with which you can enlarge the storage.
The product comes with a feature so that you can mount it on a tripod to get an undisturbed view while hunting. It has a threaded tripod mount and weaver rail to secure it to a tripod or by connecting an additional IR illuminator. It recharges the battery using the DC IN socket by using a power adaptor. The product is best for hunting, scouting games, camping fun, night fishing, boating, wildlife observation, and bird watching.
- Magnification – 5 X
- Objective lens – 40 mm
- Digital Zoom – 8 X
- Fog / Waterproof – It has thoroughly sealed and nitrogen filled to prevent it from fog and water. Also, it prevents dust and moisture from getting into the monocular product.
- Rubber Armor – The monocular has a solid framework with rubber armor that helps to have a firm grip preventing it from slipping out of hand.
- Adjustable Eyepiece – The eyepiece of the product can be adjusted and fold the eye cups along with the diopter for eyeglasses observation by relaxing your eyes.
- Display too small – The product has excellent features apart from the display. It has got a tiny display that causes problems to look at the surroundings by relaxing your eyes.
If you want to buy the best night vision under $ 1000, then this item gets the priority. The only disadvantage is the display of the monocular is small.
4. Sightmark Wraith Digital Riflescope
The Sightmark is yet another riflescope that you can get within $ 1000. You will get excellent features that will help you to have a hassle-free hunting experience.
The riflescope has both the day and the night mode that helps the users to get an excellent view of the surroundings and your target. It provides full color viewing all through-out the day. You get a black and white or class green sight for the night vision mode for night vision. It also has a high – definition sensor to click clear photos and also records 1080p HD video. You can record your experiences while hunting and show them to your friends and families.
In this, you will have an 8 X digital zoom and a 2 X optical system with 16 X magnification to get a better view while you are on your adventure trip by relaxing your eyes. These features help to look at your target easily without facing any difficulty. Moreover, the product has customizable tactical and hunting reticle options that help for easier aiming and better accuracy.
- Magnification – 16 X
- Digital zoom – 8 X
- Optical system – 2 X
- External IR Illuminator included
- 4AA batteries
- HD Sensor – This feature helps to provide the user with clear and bright photos, making your adventure a happy one.
- HD video recording – The product helps its users to record high-definition videos of their experiences while hunting, wildlife observation, or bird watching.
- Good Battery Life – The riflescope has good battery life. The 4AA batteries that can live up to four hours.
- Heavy – Although the riflescope has the best features and is inexpensive, it is heavy. Thus, while hunting often, it becomes difficult to move the riflescope to target a fast-moving animal.
If you are a professional, you can always buy this product. It will never disappoint you while you have your hunting experiences. The only problem with it is its weight. It is heavy, therefore, it becomes a tough job to move during hunting.
5. Night Owl Xgen Xgenpro 3X Digital Night Vision Viewer
The Night Owl Optics NexGen Pro is the latest innovation in an affordable consumer night vision technology at a cheap rate. It is designed for viewing out to a distance of about 100 yards. It has a powerful built-in infrared illuminator, which helps in low-light conditions or complete darkness.
It is designed with a firm body and rubber armor that helps for a firm grip ensuring they do not slip off from your hands. The product can be used for backpacking and hiking, camping, hunting and scouting, exploration in dark environments (caves, structures, etc.). The riflescope is extremely lightweight and compact at the same time. Furthermore, it helps you to view it for a long time comfortably. As it is lightweight, you can carry it as well for long hours without getting tired.
The IR illuminator in the product helps you to see at night as the eyesight becomes limited. It ensures you get clear and bright images even in complete darkness and in low-light conditions as well so that you can see up to 100 yards. It also helps the user by providing precise focusing by keeping the eyepiece and the objective, target even up to 100 yards.
- Sensor Resolution – 640 X 480 pixels (VGA)
- Magnification – 3 x to 6 x
- FOV in degrees – 7 degrees
- Field of View at 200 ft – 24 ft
- Eyepiece Adjustment – +/- 4 Diopter
- Battery Requirements – 3 AA (not included)
- Lens – 37 mm
- Minimum focus range – 3.3′
- Weight – 9.34 oz
- Compact and lightweight – As the product is lightweight, you can carry it anywhere for long hours without difficulty.
- IR Illuminator – Due to this feature, you get clear and bright images, even in complete darkness and low-light situations.
- IR enhancer – The product only has a disadvantage that you cannot turn off the IR enhancer.
You will get a fantastic product at a pocket-friendly price. Therefore, ignoring minor faults is recommended. This product has all the best features that a night vision scope should have. Hence, you can always plan to get your hands on this product.
How to choose a night vision scope?
A night vision scope is the same as your ordinary scopes with an extra ability to render the same quality image even after the sun goes down the horizon. These night vision scopes can give both magnified and unmagnified variants. But there are few points to remember while you buy your pair of night vision scope.
In case you have a limited budget yet a passion for shooting, you can quickly go for night vision scope with magnification levels between 3 and 5. The maximum magnification that you can get for your night scope is 10. Higher magnification results in the scope being bigger in dimensions and heavy to handle. So, you can go for cheaper models with less magnification for convenient uses, which can be easily accessible by you at all times.
Field of View (FOV)
Field of view refers to the width of the field you can see at a certain distance. As you increase the magnification, the field of view decreases. To put it simply, you can see a more comprehensive view at a smaller magnification and vice versa. When buying a night vision scope, make sure that the field of view is wide enough to trace animals in a motion state.
Weight and Size
In general, night vision scopes are bigger and heavier than day scopes. Also, magnification adds to the weight of the scope, making it difficult to carry and use. A shooter will carry the scope for a long time and the weight is boon in such cases. Also to be mentioned, you have to ensure the length of the scope rail you have is long enough for the optic to accommodate. If the rail is not of sufficient length, it will probably be a poor fit for a large optic.
Lines per Millimeter or Clarity
Lines per millimeter also called LP/ MM is the basic information about the clarity of the scope. People often do neglect this while buying and end up with a one that offers lesser clarity. Although there are other factors to determine clarity but LP/ MM is the first thing you should check. Therefore, a high-end night scope will have LP/ MM between 60 to 70 which is sufficient for your night scope pair.
Signal to Noise Ratio
Another clarity checkbox, the signal is the amount of light you get to see and ‘noise’ is the static-like effect or the distortion present in even high-end night scopes. The ratio of signal to noise depicts the distortion versus visibility. So, to get a clarity optic, keep an eye on the signal to noise ratio.
Detection and Recognition Range
People often confuse between detection and recognition range. Detection range is when you get to detect an animal but you cannot recognize it individually. So, check both the distances while buying your pair of night scopes.
Apart from all these important to be noted points, other factors should also be taken care of while buying a night scope. Lesser-known factors like quality of lens and luminance gain should also not be neglected. Research well and be well-versed about all types of night scopes available in your budget range. Do not forget to read online reviews and consult personnel whom you know have been using night scopes. It is not a very good idea to be extra spendthrift on your night scope and, at the same time, do not opt for a cheaper one. Happy buying!!