There are people all over the world who have hunting either as their profession or passion. Hunting is banned in most countries with the fear of the exponential increase of animal poaching which eventually leads to the extinction of species. A professional hunter has to focus minutely into the bird or animal to ensure a successful hunt. The hunter’s purpose cannot be fulfilled if there is any disruption in viewing the creature, which leads to a false aim. A hunter, who is serious about his passion or a professional must keep advanced and durable binoculars with him apart from his firearm. In this article, we have the 5 best hunting binoculars under $100 for the hunters.
Make sure you take a look at the following features before you buy your companion in hunting
- Field of view
- Lens quality
- Objective lens diameter
- Optical design
Though, good binocular turns out expensive and way beyond $100. Yet there are a lot of binoculars which are less than $100 but come handy for the professionals.
Best Binoculars for Hunting Under $100
1. Celestron Nature DX hunting binoculars
If you are a hunting lover and looking for binoculars with features that also within your 100$ budget then you are in the right place. Celestron has come up with their latest pair of binoculars that gives you come with the best service and also fit your account. Every best detailing is added to this piece of binoculars to enhance the quality of the image. The 8× magnification allows us to have a better focus with detailed resolution. The 42mm O-ring lenses are the most appreciated feature for its performance.
These binoculars come with fully multi-coated lenses that maximize e the light reflection to provide a clear vision during the task. The BAK-4 prisms are observed as one of the best features in these binoculars. The BAK-4 prisms provide high-quality contrast to give you a crystal-clear view of the site. The nitrogen-purged lenses enable the user to have a good view of the damped places also. Nitrogen-purge makes the lenses fog proof. This makes the binoculars more famous among users because nitrogen-purging binoculars come with an expensive amount, but Celestron Nature DX hunting binoculars are providing their users with a view that generally comes with a higher budget.
The Celestron Nature DX hunting binoculars are lightly weighted that allows the user to carry them without being tired. The rubberized armors are the reason behind it being lightweight and waterproof. The armors also permit the user to have a slip-free control. Watching through the binoculars for a really long time can be eye-straining. Celestron Nature DX binoculars are provided with rubberized eyecups so that the user can use it comfortably even with wearing glasses. The newly added features are a hick neck strap, rubberized lens covers, and lens wipers.
- The Celestron Nature DX hunting binoculars are the latest example of perfection within budget. It has multi-coated lenses that allow a better reflection to have a sharp and clear view.
- The 42 mm nitrogen-purged lenses make it fog proof so that it can be used in damped places also.
- 8× magnification allows the user to have a good focus on the object.
- BAK-4 prisms are present to provide details resolution.
- These binoculars are featured with an 8× magnification that is quite a degradation itself. Because a good focus requires at least a 10× magnification range.
- These binoculars are not useful for professionals. That makes it limited to a group of users.
Overall, the Celestron Nature DX hunting binoculars are a good purchase within a low budget for unprofessional uses. As for the professionals, this might not work in a promising way.
2. Bushnell H20 Binoculars
The Bushnell H20 Binoculars is a close competitor of the Celestron Nature DX Hunting binoculars that are so under 100$ budget. These 8×42 pair of binoculars are the latest creation of the Bushnell. These binoculars are made with utmost importance and with a price that can fit the user’s budget. This is featured with fully multi-coated BAK-4 prism lenses for a better reflection of light. It has an 8× magnification range to deliver a clear and detailed image. BAK-4 prisms are the concrete reason behind the high image quality of the binoculars. The nitrogen-purged lenses are present in the binoculars. This feature allows the user to use the binoculars in the damped places similarly.
An outdoor binocular is to maintain a lightweight body. The lightweight body with an anti-slip grip is a ‘must to have’ feature of the binocular if it is to be used in hunting purposes. Looking out for this necessities Bushnell H20 Binoculars have made some incredible advancements in their model. The rubberized armors of these binoculars are featured with fine edges that add a firm grip to this. These features together make it withstand every outdoor trip. The durability of the product is something that a customer search for. This added feature has been remarked as the most popular demand among the users. This feature generally comes with a good amount of money but Bushnell has broken the rules down to provide their customers with good experience at a lower budget. The rubberized eyecups are present to protect the user’s eyes from any external eye injury.
Additionally, there are few more advancements such as a thick neck strap, lens wipes, and a carrier is given. These additions have made the product the best within this sort of price range.
- The most discussed pro of this binocular is the rubberized armour and the fine edges on it that have allowed the user to have a better grip on the binoculars.
- The multi-coated lenses are a master addition to the binoculars in this budget.
- The 8× magnification range delivers a clear and sharp image.
- Nitrogen-purge is also remarkable advancement in the binoculars.
- The magnification of the binoculars is not quite a promising feature, as the better focus comes with a magnification range of, 10×, and the magnification range of this product is only 8×.
- It can cause a nervous tension on the palm of the user after holding to its sharp-edged body.
- Not for professional use.
The Bushnell H20 Binoculars are mostly famous for its budget-friendliness. Overall the binoculars are worth purchase.
3. Barska Blackhawk Binoculars
The Barska Blackhawk Binoculars are one of the latest 100$ binocular choices. These binoculars promise to provide a better range of focus with its 42 mm O-ring optics. It has a 10× magnification range, which is quite an appreciable approach within this price. 10× magnification helps to have a better light resolution and focus. The optical lenses are fully coated so that it can absorb as much light reflection as possible. The BaK -4 prisms are present to provide a clear and sharpen the image. As the lenses are nitrogen-purged, the viewer can use it in humid places as well.
The rubberized armors make the binoculars waterproof for multipurpose usage. There are some additional features with these binoculars, such as, carry case, neck strap, lens wipes. These are also available in two colors. These binoculars are a promising piece of joy provided by the Barska Blackhawk Binoculars.
- These binoculars a promising model, with advanced features. The lenses of this model give a magnification of 10×, which is quite a nice offer at this price range.
- The vision that is provided by the Barska Blackhawk Binoculars is way more promising than any other set of binoculars than this.
- It also gives you a color choice which is quite advantageous.
- It is not a lightweight binocular, so it becomes difficult to keep carrying it everywhere.
- The manufacturer has not focused on the fact of making the vision safe enough. They have not mentioned the availability of the soft eyecups which is really a matter of concern.
The Barska Blackhawk Binoculars is better than any other binocular at this price range. It provides the customer with a promising service. This gives you the best view that a binocular under 100$ cannot. The 10× magnification is really a big matter of fact as this comes only with a huge price range. So overall it is a decent purchase.
4. The Bushnell Powerview Binoculars
The Bushnell Powerview Binoculars are appreciated as a generous purchase at the budget of 100$. The 10× magnification and 42mm glasses. It is completely multicoated that allows the 10× magnification to give a better performance. Moreover, it also has the BaK-7 prisms which do not match the performance of BAK-4 but do give a decent performance. Though BaK-7 is not a preference for advanced quality binoculars. BaK-7 does not work as well as the BAK-4 and does not provide a decent vision.
This pair of binocular lenses are not nitrogen-purged, so the lenses are not fog proof and cannot be used in humid weather or in damp places. The body is covered with a rubberized armor with the shock-absorbing feature but is not waterproof, hence, is not field-friendly. The lightweight designing method of this binocular shows the hints of perfect engineering skills. So the user can carry it very easily. Another advantage is that it is a budget-friendly product. It has a 17.5mm eye relief.
- So far it has a shock-absorbing rubberized armor. That prevents any damage to the binoculars.
- It has 17.5 mm relief.
- These binoculars do not meet the expectations of the buyer by lacking so many required features.
- The coating on the lenses is not something that an advance binocular should have.
- It has a very low-quality focus capacity.
- It does not possess a waterproof figure, which is a remarkable disadvantage of this model.
- Does not have a nitrogen-purge, hence, does not preferably work in humid places.
The Bushnell Powerview Binoculars do not have anything special to offer. Somewhat have poor quality service. So, this is not a recommendable product at all.
5. Celestron Outland 8×42
The Celestron Outland 8×42 is a piece of hunting binoculars that have been included in the list of best-hunting binoculars under 100$. This product is perfect for outdoor lovers, especially for the hunters. It precisely maintains excitement throughout the trip and has a 42mm pair of glasses with 8× magnification, that enables light reflection. The multi-coated optics with BaK-4 prisms. BaK-4 prisms sharpen and clear the vision. It also provides a detailed high-class resolution that adds superiority to its status. 8× magnification adds an outstanding focus feature. It lets you focus on an objective for a long time. The glasses have nitrogen-purge, which has made it fog proof. So that it can withstand the weather. 42 mm large knobs let the user have an enlarged view of the object.
The rubberized armors are an incredible feature of these binoculars. It makes the binoculars waterproof and durable. It provides a no-slip grip, that has made the product outdoor-friendly. The rubberized eyecups let the viewer watch for a long period and the multi-coated glasses protect the eyes for straining easily. The eyecups also position the eyes for a perfect view. A neck strap is attached to the binoculars so that the customers do not confront any difficulties while affixing the strap with the binoculars every time they are using it. It also has a carrying case, eyepieces, and lens wipes. The company is also providing a tripod with the binoculars to add versatility to the binoculars.
- The image quality is very good. The magnification feature enables the image to reflect as perfect as possible.
- Provides a detailed resolution. Bak-4 prisms increase the sharpness and the contrast of the image to make it enjoyable.
- Easy to carry to places. The carrying case is a huge help to carry the binocular everywhere possible.
- Low-quality magnification causes a bad focus quality. The 8× magnification range does not match the quality that a customer expects. It makes the focus weak and haphazardly shifting.
- The binoculars lack in producing enough light reflection. It causes eye weakening in a short span of time. The magnification decreases the image quality and confuses the reflection of brightness which causes a nervous tension into the eyes.
- Has problems with adjusting brightness.
- Eyepieces are not of good quality.
- The focus takes time to stand on the expected object.
- The armor is not as lightweight as it promises to be, rather it makes binocular weight heavy.
- Not recommended for professional purposes.
The Celestron Outland 8×42 has equal numbers of pros and cons which might make the buyer disturbed. There are plenty of reasons to employ these binoculars as it is made to be travel-friendly. But lacking in some important features creates adequate reasons to avoid this product at the same time. These binoculars are a very decent quality product to start a new journey as a nature observer. It also comes at a very reasonable price. But at the same time, it is not so much recommended for any professional purpose. Because of its lacking in the expected offerings. Overall, one can buy this to enjoy a good time with nature, within his or her budget.
How to choose the best hunting binoculars under 100$?
Let us discuss the facts that you have to keep in mind while you opt for the best hunting binoculars under 100$.
The first thing that you come across when you go out to buy binoculars is the magnification number. Magnification is the number of times the image is zoomed with respect to the actual object. When the purpose is hunting, you should go for some magnification between 7x and 12x with a higher preference for 10x. Do not go for higher than 12x magnification as then the image will shake terribly with the slightest hand movements making it difficult to aim. Another reason that you are advised not to go for higher magnification binoculars is that they offer a smaller range of view which makes hunting utmost difficult.
Field of view
Field of view needs equal attention while buying best-hunting binoculars under 100$. The bigger the field of view, the larger area you can see through your binoculars. You should go for a Higher field of view if your sole objective is hunting because it makes it easier to trace animals especially when they are in the state of motion. Now in some models, the field of view is given in distance while in other models in degrees wherein it is called the angle of view. To convert angle of view to the field of view, multiply the numeric value of angle by 52.5. Professional hunters should go for a higher field of view keeping in mind the magnification value as magnification is inversely proportional to field of view.
As a professional hunter, you should always have a special focus on the lens quality to ensure an aberration-free and non-distorted image. A highly innovative lens is on the trend nowadays. They ensure longer life to your binoculars with no disturbance in the image quality whatsoever. You should go for a lens that at least come with a single coating because this specialty adds more years to the life of your binoculars. Then, waterproofing and fog proof coating are other specialties to look for in a lens. They are also of utmost importance because as a professional hunter, you may need to carry your companion out in the rain or fog. A standard lens should come with a certain level of water tolerance for a short period of time.
Even though the lens is the top priority, you should also note the build quality and material of the housing of binoculars. The casing of binoculars must be sturdy and durable enough as you are going to use it as an outdoor device amidst rain and sun. You should try to keep an eye on the weight of binoculars. Apart from a binocular, the hunter has to carry many things in his possession so make sure your binoculars do not weigh you down.
Objective lens diameter
Objective lens is situated just opposite the eyepiece. The size of the objective lens is directly proportional to the amount of light that enters the binoculars. Now, more light gives a vivid image and a scope for a detailed minute study. Unlike bird watching where you have to go for bigger objective lens diameter, for hunting it is better to go for a lower objective lens diameter. While hunting, binoculars are just used to trace and shoot the animal, so having a better vivid image is of no significant use except burning a hole in the pocket.
Binoculars use a glass prism to reflect images in such a way that the image is upright and not the reverse. There are two prism models used in optics today: The roof prism and the Porro prism. Bird watchers mostly opt for Porro prisms which are delicate, heavyweight, and simple inbuilt, and obviously cheaper. On the other hand, hunters should go for Roof Prism which although costly but is more durable and stands to all rough uses in the hunting backpack without any damage. Moreover, the Roof Prism weighs less which is useful for hunters to carry and use.
The most important point to note is the weight of your pocket when you go out to buy the binoculars. Decide your budget meticulously. Opting for an ultra-cheap one will eventually lead you to buy another piece in a few years thus increasing your cost in the long run. Since you have decided the upper limit to be 100$ make a wise choice in this budget itself. It is not appreciable to waste money if you get what you want in this range.
These are some of the basic points to keep in mind while you opt for the best hunting binoculars under 100$. Every person is unique and their requirements are also unique. So, as a wise buyer, it is very important to note down your requirements and buy accordingly. Hunting is basically an outdoor activity so do not neglect less eminent points like weight and durability of the binoculars while buying one for you. Always remember to read reviews and user experience before you spend your money. Happy buying !!